Clients from the Jersey City Employment and Training Program and New Jersey Reentry Corporation share their experiences working as apprentices for Laborers Local 3. Working with Project Impact and the Hudson Building Trades, the N.J. Laborers also train formerly incarcerated persons to become apprentices and place them in exciting work opportunities. We thank those who train our clients and offer them the dignity of work.
The New Jersey Laborers’ Union in partnership with the Jersey City Employment and Training Program and the City of Jersey City is recruiting qualified minorities to join the Laborers’ Union Apprentice Program.
• Be a resident of Jersey City
• Be African American, Latino, Native American or Asian
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
• Possess a valid and current driver’s license to qualify for this class. Individuals without a driver’s license may qualify for a future class.
• Pass a drug test.
• Have an 8th grade reading and math level
The program entails an intensive two-week training in Jamesburg followed by two years of full-time work at a union wage. These two years will include 400 hours of related classroom instruction in Jamesburg.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Betsy Padilla or Marilyn Ramirez at (973) 692-6210 to schedule an interview and eligibility assessment.