Are you a recipient of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits? You may be eligible for free job training opportunities.
Complete the form below to begin your intake process and to learn more about available training options.
Please join us for Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop’s Third Annual Prisoner Reentry Conference, which will address critical needs facing reentry. It will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 24 at the Mac Mahon Student Center at St. Peter’s University.
Our featured guest speakers include Rev. Al Sharpton, MSNBC, National Action Network; Andrew Napolitano, Esq., Fox News Senior Judicial Analyst; Paul Fishman, Esq., United States Attorney, District of New Jersey; Honorable Ras J. Baraka, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey; and John Koufos, President, New Jersey Reentry Corporation.
JCETP is Launching an EMT Training Course Starting in January
To enroll, attend orientation at the Jersey City One Stop on Mondays at 9:00 AM or at Martin’s Place Thursday’s at 10:45.
GED or High School Diploma
· Reading and Math proficiency of at least a 10th grade level
· Unemployed (6 months or more)
· Underemployed: Adults working 35-hrs. or less, with net wages of $10 or less.
· Successful completion of a background check (Funded by JCMC/SIF Grant)
· Physical capability to perform all skills and tasks of an EMT (Must visit own physician)
· Successful completion of a medical evaluation (Conducted on premises by JCMC)
· Must have AHA or American Cross CPR certification (Classes are provided by JCMC, funded by SIF Grant and offered the 1 and 3rd Wednesday of every month from 8:30am-2:30 pm)
· Submit Application by December 31, 2015.